About the NMAI
The National Microlight Association of Ireland (NMAI) is the representing body for microlights in Ireland.
The NMAI is a non-profit making Limited Liability Company formed with the following objectives
· To promote the sport of Microlight Flying.
· To encourage the formation of clubs.
· To represent Microlight Aviation in Ireland in dealing with National and International bodies or authorities.
· To co-ordinate Microlight activities and ensure the communication of information to members on all aspects of flight safety, training and airworthiness matters.
· To execute an airworthiness scheme (approved by the Irish Aviation Authority) for the inspection and testing of Microlight aircraft by authorized persons for the purpose of issuing/renewal of Permit to Fly for said aircraft whereby the NMAI make application to the Irish Aviation Authority on behalf of the owner for the issue/renewal of permits to fly for the said aircraft.
The current membership is approx 160+ people, most of whom are active Irish owners & pilots.
We also have members from the UK & France. In return for your annual subscription, you get the above, plus technical assistance, guidance and full forum access.
There are substantial cost savings too if you have an Irish registered microlight.
Training Courses are also run as required by the membership, for example RT courses to mention one.
The NMAI is affiliated with the FAI through the National Aero Club of Ireland.
Annual membership is presently 65 Euro (2014-2015) We have plans to reduce the membership fee in the coming years.
To join the NMAI, simply download the NMAI Membership Application Form, print it out on A4 paper, fill in the relevant sections that apply and then just send if off in the post to the Treasurer with the correct fee included or CLICK HERE to join on-line with secure payment server.
The postal details are included on the form.
· Application Form for Membership.
· Membership Renewal Form (for existing members)