The National Microlight Association of Ireland (NMAI) is the representing body for microlights in Ireland.
The NMAI is a non-profit making Limited Liability Company formed with the following objectives
· To promote the sport of Microlight Flying.
· To encourage the formation of clubs.
· To represent Microlight Aviation in Ireland in dealing with National and International bodies or authorities.
· To co-ordinate Microlight activities and ensure the communication of information to members on all aspects of flight safety, training and airworthiness matters.
· To execute an airworthiness scheme (approved by the Irish Aviation Authority) for the inspection and testing of Microlight aircraft by authorized persons for the purpose of issuing/renewal of Permit to Fly for said aircraft whereby the NMAI make application to the Irish Aviation Authority on behalf of the owner for the issue/renewal of permits to fly for the said aircraft.
The main aim on NMAI is to promote microlight flying in Ireland. We have represented Microlight pilots for over 20 years.
The NMAI has delegated authority to inspect Irish-registered microlights for the purpose of the issuance of Permits To Fly in the State. This facility is exercised under the supervision of the IAA and is subject to an annual audit, and other inspections.
The NMAI have added the facility below to renew your membership on-line. The membership runs from the AGM which is May to May,
however early renewal helps with the administration task. Please select the appropriate membership from the drop down menu and click the buy now button. This will direct you to a secure payment page. Please add your current NMAI membership number in the field provided, if you have mislaid it we will have it on record.
Paying by this method assumes that you accept & abide by the the constitution of the national microlight association of Ireland.
Please complete the form below, on completion you will be given a Link to pay via Paypal. Please note that you don’t need a Paypal account to make payments. Alternatively you can post a cheque or Draft to – The Secretary, National Microlight Association of Ireland, Limetree Airfield, Portarlington, Co Laois. Click here to contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org.